A Worm is a shaft having helical cuts (threads) on the
surface, perpendicular to the axis of rotation
» Gear Worms
- Wheel: similar to helical gear except teeth are concaved in
- Worm: shaft with screw threads (V-Type), similar to ordinary screws
- Designed to transmit motion & power between right angle shafts which rotates in the opposite direction
- Worm & worm wheel is the most compact type of gear system
- Smoothest & quietest form of gearing
- Worms are available in three threads (1, 2, & 4)
SECS Inc. also manufactures all of its product lines with metric equivalents.
Please contact us with your standard or custom metric parts.